Our client is a multi-disciplined animal facility who is well known in the local area, as they are leaders in the field in providing 24 hour veterinary care. The group have a main hospital site where they not only provide exceptional small animal care but also a referral side of the business with diploma holders.
In total they have 12 practice sites in Derby, Burton and Nottingham with well-equipped on-site facilities offering a high quality local service. This role will support the main Veterinary Centre and one of the local practices.
At the local practice you will spend the early morning and afternoon in the consulting room. Before lunch you will move to the prep room and theatre, where you can make use of the on-site laboratory, x-ray, ultrasound, dental machine, and surgical kit. There are endless opportunities for you to expand your knowledge and skills by working closely with other members of the first opinion and referral teams.
The role is full time, working 4 days per week, but part-time applicants may also be considered. The team have our own out-of-hours service so there are no night duties, but if you enjoy emergency medicine then the team see a reasonable amount during the day and night cover for absences is available. You will take part in the weekend rota which works out as 1:4 Saturday mornings and 1:8 Sundays, with lieu the next week.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experienced in small animal work (ideally a minimum of 2 years small animal practice),
- Great client communication skills,
- Ability to make decisions, prioritise and delegate,
- An interest in medicine and imaging,
- Commitment to continuous development.
Professional Perks and Benefits:
- Develop your own career plan and path: clinical vet, internships and residencies, management and running your own practice.
- Attractive remuneration package.
- A 4-day week allowing a great work/life balance.
- No out-of-hours (unless you want it).
- Excellent CPD allowance of £1,250 per year.
- In-house training: weekly clinical clubs, monthly journal clubs, monthly CPD evenings, online learning portal.
- RCVS and VDS membership paid, plus 2 subscriptions of your choice.
If you're interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity or wish to apply, please don't hesitate to contact Juliep@brightleaf.co.uk or give us a call at 01422 433900. We are dedicated to assisting talented Small Animal Veterinary Surgeons like you in finding the ideal job.
Not all our exceptional roles are listed on our website. So, if you're considering a career move, please get in touch with us directly to discuss your options. Our team of expert recruiters has extensive experience in the veterinary industry and can guide you towards the best opportunities available.
If our current vacancy doesn't match your requirements, we encourage you to visit www.brightleaf.co.uk to explore a comprehensive list of our current vacancies in the field of Small Animal Veterinary Surgery. Additionally, sign up for our email alerts to stay updated on the latest job openings tailored to your interests.
Bright Leaf Recruitment has been successfully placing highly skilled Small Animal Veterinary Surgeons and veterinary nurses in great roles across the United Kingdom, Dubai, and Australia since 2010. Trust our expertise and industry knowledge to help you find the perfect match for your career goals. Contact us today and take the next step towards a fulfilling career as a Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.