The practice is short drive away from both country life and city life so are well placed for many events and activities. This is a first opinion, Cat Friendly Silver Status practice and is well equipped with on-site diagnostic potential including digital x-ray machine offering dental radiography, ultrasound, in-house blood analysis including an Idexx Imagyst as well as also having K-Laser. There are 4 consulting rooms, separate cat and dog wards, a dedicated dispensary and large prep room with separate theatre.
There is an loyal and extensive client base, with access to a varied caseload with some consulting work and some surgical days. They have varied consulting times throughout the day, with 15 minute consults and built in admin/catch up time. Typically, you will have one surgery day per week but a consulting- only role is also possible or surgically biased candidates can also be considered.
Duties will include:
- Ensure that all treatment given is in line with informed consent and in accordance with UK legislation and RCVS guide to professional conduct.
- Maintain professional clinical standards in accordance with RCVS guidelines.
- Responsible for the supervision of the vet team in accordance with professional and RCVS standards.
- Clinically based working with other vets including new graduates, RVNs and SVNs to ensure gold standard patient care is delivered.
- Provide leadership and guidance to all staff, support less experienced vets to develop in their role.
- Diary and rota management including anticipating clinical need increases and decreases along with forward planning of absences to ensure appropriate cover and skill requirements.
- Management of EMS placements and new graduate vets including monitoring and assessment of competency.
- Identify training needs of new and current team members
- Communicate to the Practice Manager any concerns about the performance of the practice or the clinical team, contribute your ideas for how the practice can be improved and performance enhanced.
- Undertake organisational tasks or other duties as requested by the Practice Manager.
- Support the Practice Manager in new projects and encourage team involvement in projects.
- Deputise for the Practice Manager when absent.
This is a Full or Part Time position, working a 5 week rolling rota with a mixture of shift matters such as 4x10hrs or 3x 8.30am-7pm and 1 or 2x 8am-2pm. Saturday mornings are 1 in 5 and there is no OOH. Flexible working is absolutely considered therefore they are happy to discuss a rota pattern that would suit you. Salary is up to £70k pa DOE and there is a relocation allowance up to £5k if required.
If you're interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity or wish to apply, please don't hesitate to contact Juliep@brightleaf.co.uk or give us a call at 01422 433900. We are dedicated to assisting talented Small Animal Veterinary Surgeons like you in finding the ideal job.
Not all our exceptional roles are listed on our website. So, if you're considering a career move, please get in touch with us directly to discuss your options. Our team of expert recruiters has extensive experience in the veterinary industry and can guide you towards the best opportunities available.
If our current vacancy doesn't match your requirements, we encourage you to visit www.brightleaf.co.uk to explore a comprehensive list of our current vacancies in the field of Small Animal Veterinary Surgery. Additionally, sign up for our email alerts to stay updated on the latest job openings tailored to your interests.
Bright Leaf Recruitment has been successfully placing highly skilled Small Animal Veterinary Surgeons and veterinary nurses in great roles across the United Kingdom, Dubai, and Australia since 2010. Trust our expertise and industry knowledge to help you find the perfect match for your career goals. Contact us today and take the next step towards a fulfilling career as a Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.