Our fantastic Independent client are looking for an Emergency and Critical Care Vet to join their night team on a permanent basis.
The night vets work split shifts, either 4pm-12.30am or 10.30pm-9.30am, to allow them to pursue their passion for ECC without becoming exhausted. The team understand that some of the best ECC vets require flexible working so we will consider both full-time and part-time applicants. With 2 in 5 weekends, no requirement to cover weekend or Bank Holiday day shifts, and an average of 35h per week, all night vets enjoy an excellent work-life balance.
The role will involve seeing first-opinion emergencies and providing continuous care for inpatients and referral cases. The team are looking for a vet who is enthusiastic about emergency and critical care and ideally has some experience in this field (although not necessarily in a sole-charge or out-of-hours capacity). You will have a desire to achieve high clinical standards, and work within evidence-based medicine where possible. Due to the sometimes stressful and fast-paced nature of emergency work, you must have excellent communication skills. Most of all you should have a team-mentality as this is a close-knit, friendly practice.
This is an RCVS accredited practice with genuinely friendly, approachable managers and directors.
On offer is:
* Basic salary of 40-57.5k dependent on experience and further qualifications.
* 1500 CPD allowance plus 35h paid per year to complete CPD. Further support for certificates available and encouraged.
* VDS fees paid, as well as one subscription of your choice (eg. BSAVA, VECCS, VIN).
* 5.6 weeks’ holiday per year (non-annualised hours contract)
* Excellent working relationships with our Member Practices.
* High clinical standards with extensive point-of-care diagnostics available to facilitate this.
* Interesting, varied caseload with lovely, committed clients who want the best for their pets.
* Support overnight from a fantastic team of night RVNs and ANAs.
* On-site Specialists and Advanced Practitioners in cardio-respiratory medicine, imaging, ECC and endoscopy.
* Exposure to a wide range of equipment including CT, laparoscopy and extensive in-house blood machines.
* Lots of other benefits including enhanced sick pay, private health insurance, discount for staff pets, ability to bring your dog to work, on-site free parking, and contributory pension scheme.
If this role sounds of interest please email your CV through to [email protected] or give me a call on 01422 433900.
Not all of our roles are on our website, so if you are looking to move jobs, please get in touch to discuss your options.
If this vacancy isn’t quite right for you, please visit www.brightleaf.co.uk to view a full list of our current vacancies. You can also sign up for email alerts to receive news of new vacancies the second they are posted.
Bright Leaf Recruitment is a recruitment agency specialising in veterinary recruitment. We have been placing exceptional veterinary surgeons and veterinary nurses in great roles around the United Kingdom, Dubai and Australia since 2010. Our team of expert recruiters have over two decades of experience in the veterinary recruitment industry.