Our client based near Ealing and Twickenham is looking for a full time Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their team.
The practice is based in a central location with easy access to central London (Waterloo) in 25 minutes. The area is rich in beautiful outdoor spaces, with Busy and Richmond Park, Hounslow Heath, and the River Crane Park. It’s a brilliant location if you’re a rugby fan as well! The local high street (3 minute walk) has a great mix of local independent and chain coffee shops and supermarkets, so you’re never short of options for lunch.
This is a close knit sociable team 2 vets and 3 nurses, with a real focus on animal and client happiness and wellbeing. They encourage high veterinary standards and support personal development. The clinic has digital radiography, modern ultrasound facilities and a fully Idexx equipped lab, running haematology and biochemistry in house, alongside eg. T4, cPL/fPL snap tests, SDMA, UPC and phenobarbital screens.
The role will be working 40 hours a week in a 5 day a week pattern, working every other Saturday morning, with one day off in lieu every 4weeks. No OOH work. Shift patterns in the process of being reviewed. Current shifts: 8-5pm, 8:30-5:30pm, 10:30-7:30pm, split shift starting at 8:30am-1pm, restarting 4-7:30pm.
Day to Day duties and responsibilities include:
- Admit and discharge patients for routine operations, including maintaining accurate medical records at all times to include computer updates, hospital and anaesthetic forms
- Keep up to date with preventative healthcare, product knowledge and practice policies so clients can be advised accurately
- Run nurse clinics
- Ensure correct disposal of clinical waste
- Ensure all SOP’s are adhered to in all areas of work at all times to include; surgical nursing, inpatient nursing, nursing clinics, late nurse’s duties, night duties, and weekend duties
- Ensure effective stock control and rotation
- Assist with reception duties as required and provide assistant to vets when necessary.
- Assist with training student veterinary nurses
- Carry out stock orders when required and assist with the biannual stock take
- Ensure all areas are adequately stocked at the end of the day
- Participate in the biannual appraisal process
The ideal candidate will be a qualified RVN who is RCVS registered. 1-2 years qualified ideal but the client is open to consider newly qualified candidates.
If this role sounds of interest please email your CV through to [email protected]
or give me a call on 01422 433900.
Not all of our roles are on our website, so if you are looking to move jobs, please get in touch to discuss your options.
If this vacancy isn’t quite right for you, please visit www.brightleaf.co.uk to view a full list of our current vacancies. You can also sign up for email alerts to receive news of new vacancies the second they are posted.
Bright Leaf Recruitment is a recruitment agency specialising in veterinary recruitment. We have been placing exceptional veterinary surgeons and veterinary nurses in great roles around the United Kingdom, Dubai and Australia since 2010. Our team of expert recruiters have over two decades of experience in the veterinary recruitment industry.