This long established first opinion, small animal practice are passionate veterinary professionals who are committed to providing exceptional care.
Their mission is to provide high quality healthcare and strive to make visiting the vets a positive experience for both patients and clients. Their core values are Clinical Excellence, Client Care, Patient Care, Teamwork, Development and Positivity and they are looking for like-minded team members to come and join their fantastic team.
They have a central hospital in Dewsbury and 11 satellite clinics across South & West Yorkshire, including excellent support from their sister referral hospital.
The team are looking for a Lead Nurse (RVN) to join the team at Halton - this role would suit an RVN with previous experience leading a small team who is able to encourage and support the growth and development of the branch and team members they are leading.
This role will enable the ideal candidate to develop both their nursing and leadership skills through:
• Assisting with the care of patients
• Communicating with clients, meeting and greeting and completing registrations
• Monitoring in-patients, providing care and appropriate diets
• Assisting vets during examinations and surgeries to ensure the correct procedures are followed for the cleaning and sterilising of instruments, equipment and materials
• Overseeing the running and management of your branch with support from our Senior Leadership Team
• Resolving client complaints and preventing escalation, whilst guiding and enabling your team members to develop these skills
• Line managing the nurses, reception and support team members
• Identifying areas of development within your branches and team and having the autonomy and support to see these through
The Halton branch is an operating branch which is located approximately 15 minute drive from the M1, making it easily accessible for those living outside of the local area. They have excellent facilities including digital x-ray and dental x-ray, ultrasound, in-house biochemistry, excellent anaesthetic monitoring equipment including capnography and blood pressure monitoring, separate dog and cat wards as well as vet and nurse consulting rooms.
The ideal candidate will offer the highest standards of clinical and client care, empathy and be willing to provide valuable peer support to our student veterinary nurses and patient care assistants.
In return, they will offer you:
• A competitive salary
• 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
• Paid day off on your birthday
• CPD allowance
• Paid professional fees, including RCVS and VDS fees
• Pension Scheme
• Staff Discount Scheme
• Employee Assistance Scheme
If this role sounds of interest please email your CV through to steph[email protected] or give me a call on 01422 433900.
Not all of our roles are on our website, so if you are looking to move jobs, please get in touch to discuss your options.
If this vacancy isn’t quite right for you, please visit www.brightleaf.co.uk to view a full list of our current vacancies. You can also sign up for email alerts to receive news of new vacancies the second they are posted.
Bright Leaf Recruitment is a recruitment agency specialising in veterinary recruitment. We have been placing exceptional veterinary surgeons and veterinary nurses in great roles around the United Kingdom, Dubai and Australia since 2010. Our team of expert recruiters have over two decades of experience in the veterinary recruitment industry.