Our client is a privately owned veterinary group and have been established in the area for over 100 years. They aim to provide a friendly, caring service supported by a very high standard of facilities and equipment. The main hospital is located in Windsor with a resident nurse on site 24 hours a day.
You will be joining a team of 5 vets, 4 RVNs, 4 SVN and a full team of support staff. Being a hospital, the practice provides a full and comprehensive service to clients and their pets including their own out of hours service. This is a full-time role and will include weekends and out of hours on a rota. Weekends will be on a 1:3 and out of hours will equate to one night per week caring for inpatients. When working a night shift there is a duty room where you can go to bed in between being on call. When working a Saturday the nurse will work a Wednesday night duty and then finish at 10am on Thursday morning and then have the Friday off. When a nurse works a Sunday, the nurse will finish at 8am on Monday, work Tuesday and Wednesday, and work the Thursday night finish at 10am on Friday and then be off for the rest of the weekend.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience, strong communication skills, be enthusiastic, have some supervisory experience and remain calm under pressure.
Key responsibilities are:
- Undertake nursing duties including theatre, kennels, dispense and recovery
- Administer treatments as per the rules set by the Royal College and under the supervision of the veterinary surgeon (e.g. injections, medication, fluid therapy, dressing, first aid)
- Assist veterinary surgeon with euthanasia and other minor clinical procedures
- Undertake general cleaning duties throughout the hospital including equipment, animal quarters and premises
- Dispense drugs in accordance with professional guidelines and hospital rules
- Monitor and restock consulting rooms and dispense area as required
- Process, record and file laboratory results
- Cover evening, night and weekend nurse duties as per the rota provided
- Carry out hospital admissions and discharges with clients
- Complete allocated extra duties as required
- Undertake continuing professional and personal development associated with the role
- Ensure comprehensive records of admissions, care, treatments and outcomes are maintained
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and the general public
- Perform reception duties in and efficient, professional and courteous manner when required
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality and personal appearance
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to health and safety
- Other occasional jobs at the discretion of the practice manager or head nurse
For more information on this role or if you would like to apply then please contact [email protected]
or give me a call on 01422 433900.
Not all of our roles are on our website, so if you are looking to move jobs, please get in touch to discuss your options.
If this vacancy isn’t quite right for you, please visit www.brightleaf.co.uk to view a full list of our current vacancies. You can also sign up for email alerts to receive news of new vacancies the second they are posted.
Bright Leaf Recruitment is a recruitment agency specialising in veterinary recruitment. We have been placing exceptional veterinary surgeons and veterinary nurses in great roles around the United Kingdom, Dubai and Australia since 2010. Our team of expert recruiters have over two decades of experience in the veterinary recruitment industry.