Our client has a state-of-the-art, specialist Veterinary Referral Hospital based near the Oxfordshire/Buckinghamshire border. They are now looking for an experienced Registered Veterinary Nurse to join them as a Nurse Manager.
As the team continues to grow, they are looking for a Nurse Manager to join our management team to co-manage the passionate, friendly, and supportive Nursing team. The successful candidate will have a genuine passion for working, have held their RVN qualification for a minimum of 3 years and will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a referral hospital, nursing patients from various disciplines.
The hospital was originally orthopaedic- and neurology-based, but now also offer services in soft tissue surgery, internal medicine, oncology and cardiology. All specialists are either European boarded or board-eligible and all services are supported by three European boarded anaesthetists. They have an ECVN recognised residency programme in place and are in the process of gaining approval for an ECVS training programme. The hospital offers the most cutting-edge investigations and treatments, with both a 1.5 Tesla MRI and a CT-scanner on-site; and all disciplines are supported by the team of Veterinary Interns and work closely with the in-house professional rehabilitation department.
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment surrounded by over 100 like-minded people? Are you looking to develop your own people management skills alongside a team of experienced and supportive managers? Do you enjoy understanding how people work, what makes them tick, and how to help them reach their full potential? Do you strive for operational excellence and optimum efficiency?
You will have experience in managing a team and/or as a Senior Nurse/Nurse Practitioner. Additional qualifications or training in leadership/management are desirable but not essential. The role will be based predominantly in prep, assisting with the running of the clinical floor for orthopaedic, neurological, soft tissue, internal medicine, and oncology cases. Starting salary up to 40,000 depending on experience.
The role will include:
- Conducting one-to-one sessions and performance reviews to ensure all RVNs are working to the desired performance levels and have all the resources they require to do so.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the senior management, middle management, and operational support teams to ensure a cohesive, supportive working environment for all.
- Assist the other nurse managers with the nursing and auxiliary rotas.
- Liaise with senior management team regarding recruitment needs and new starters.
- Liaise with HR and senior management team regarding personnel issues.
- Join and contribute to management meetings to present positive change ideas in line with business growth and operational efficiency.
- Run the clinical floor on a rotation basis to provide direction to the nursing and auxiliary team and ensure efficient flow of the clinical cases through imaging and theatre.
- Working with Senior Management, Nurse Managers, and Operational Support Manager to ensure the day is properly organised and that there is excellent communication between the floor coordinator and admit nurse as necessary.
- Support mentors and senior nurse manager in mentoring of new staff.
If this is role sounds of interest please email your CV through to [email protected]
or give me a call on 01422 433900.
Not all of our roles are on our website, so if you are looking to move jobs, please get in touch to discuss your options.
If this vacancy isn’t quite right for you, please visit www.brightleaf.co.uk to view a full list of our current vacancies. You can also sign up for email alerts to receive news of new vacancies the second they are posted.
Bright Leaf Recruitment is a recruitment agency specialising in veterinary recruitment. We have been placing exceptional veterinary surgeons and veterinary nurses in great roles around the United Kingdom, Dubai and Australia since 2010. Our team of expert recruiters have over two decades of experience in the veterinary recruitment industry.