This large well established, independent practice operating out of state of the art, well equipped surgery / barn conversion in the heart of the stunning Pendle District in Lancashire, are looking for an additional vet to join their team.
Due to needing maternity cover and the business getting busier the practice require a 6th Vet to join their friendly 5 vet team. This is a full time role with 50% Equine and 50% Farm animal split. The practice have a great mix of dairy, extensive and pedigree beef and sheep, pleasant small holders and sports and leisure horses.
What is on offer:
- Well-established practice giving great job security.
- An independent practice giving you freedom of choice and no sales targets.
- Although the practice have their our own in-house on-call service, the client strives to maintain a healthy work life balance.
- With the imminent move to new premises – you will enjoy great facilities for equine workups and farm animal surgery.
- You will be working within an experienced long standing team including an Advanced Practitioner and supportive director.
- Clinical freedom and development of your own role, interests and client base is encouraged.
- All vets have a half day off every week.
- The client is proud to be highly commended in the SPVS Wellbeing Awards and are committed to providing a happy, fulfilling working environment; work-life balance is very important to the whole team.
- The successful candidate will be provided with a new 44 vehicle, laptop and a great package.
- Out of hours work is not overwhelming with help always available.
- Salary is commensurate dependent on experience.
- Generous CPD allowance
- Accommodation is currently available.
- Paid subscriptions (BVA, VDS, BEVA/BCVA).
- Corporate gym membership.
- Sovereign health Care membership along with an Employee Assistance Program.
- In-house recognition scheme.
- Staff pets are treated at cost (with in reason)
- And of course you are welcome to bring your dog to work
Duties are one set weeknight per week, one weekend in five full duty, and one weekend on backup. Part time / job share working would also be considered.
Although experience would be welcomed, the client also have a great track record for supporting new and recent graduates.
About the area
The practice would help new people with support if they are moving to the area.
For walking and hiking enthusiasts we are situated in the north east of Lancashire, nestling between the Ribble Valley and the Pennine Way. The Forest of Bowland, an area of outstanding natural beauty, is on the door step and the Yorkshire Dales, Lake District and Bronte Country are all within easy reach. Other activities include golf, cycling and boasts a premier league football team! The client offers a corporate gym membership which gives access to 4 gyms plus you can also use a further 13 leisure centres throughout East Lancashire, including fun pools and you can also receive discounts on spa treatments.
For people who enjoy city life, the vibrant cities of Manchester, Liverpool and Leeds are within easy reach by road or public transport and offer excellent shopping and night life.
For more information on this role or if you would like to apply then please contact [email protected]
af.co.uk or give me a call on 01422 433900.
Not all of our roles are on our website, so if you are looking to move jobs, please get in touch to discuss your options.
If this vacancy isn’t quite right for you, please visit www.brightleaf.co.uk to view a full list of our current vacancies. You can also sign up for email alerts to receive news of new vacancies the second they are posted.
Bright Leaf Recruitment is a recruitment agency specialising in veterinary recruitment. We have been placing exceptional veterinary surgeons and veterinary nurses in great roles around the United Kingdom, Dubai and Australia since 2010. Our team of expert recruiters
have over two decades of experience in the veterinary recruitment industry.
Get NEW JOBS like these by
email - as they go live.