They have 22 Vets, 17 Nurses and a dedicated reception and night team. The friendly, professional team are highly skilled and passionate about caring for animals. They encourage a culture of collaboration and ensuring the team are equipped to provide the best care possible. A happy, satisfied team is conducive to the best care for their clients and use this value to direct team discussions and decisions.
The branch near Berwick, is set in a beautiful seaside town and carries out routine consultations and surgery. The branch benefits from separate Vet and Nurse consult rooms, operating facilities and modern lab machines. Caseload is varied and the facilities allow for excellent client and pet relationships and case management, alongside the support of the main site for further workup. They are looking for a team member eager to take ownership of standards and care provision in the branch. The main site nearby benefits from a purpose-built site with state-of-the-art facilities and contemporary surgeries; backed with over 160 years of trust from owners across East Lothian.
They have an ophthalmology referral service, alongside a weekly visiting orthopaedic surgeon that both receive external referrals. Providing their own 24-hour care ensures they remain current and progressive with their ECC care and ambitions. There are 4 consultation rooms, one of which is a dedicated nurse room, a dedicated dental suite, 2 operating theatres, prep room, dispensary, lab area, observation kennel, isolation kennel, separate dog and cat ward and imaging suite.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Preparing patients for surgical procedures
- Providing support to animals and their owners before and after operations
- Assisting in the operating theatre as a scrubbed veterinary nurse
- Carrying out veterinary nurse consultations
- Administering medications and fluid therapy to patients
- Observing and recording patients' vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration and pain)
- Applying bandages to wounds
- Educating animal owners on nutrition and preventative care and providing basic behavioural advice
- Assisting during emergency procedures
- Carrying out a range of diagnostic tests in the practice laboratory (e.g blood samples, urine samples)
- Dispensing medication and demonstrate to owners how to use them.
Looking for information or interested in applying for the role of a Small Animal Veterinary Nurse? Contact Juliep@brightleaf.co.uk or call 01422 433900 for further details.
At Bright Leaf Recruitment, not all of our job opportunities are listed on our website. If you're considering a career move, please reach out to us to discuss your options. We're here to help you explore the best possibilities available.
If this current vacancy doesn't align perfectly with your aspirations then visit www.brightleaf.co.uk to access a comprehensive list of our latest vacancies. Also Sign up for email alerts to stay updated on the latest opportunities as soon as they are posted.
Bright Leaf Recruitment is a specialised veterinary recruitment agency. Since 2010, we have been successfully placing exceptional Small Animal Veterinary Surgeons and Veterinary Nurses in rewarding roles across the United Kingdom, Dubai, and Australia. Our team of expert recruiters, with over two decades of experience in the veterinary recruitment industry, is dedicated to finding the right match for your career aspirations. Contact us today to take the next step towards an outstanding career as a Small Animal Veterinary Nurse.